Founded in 1988 Acorn Park Nursery and Kindergarten is registered with The Care Inspectorate and is in Partnership with Glasgow City Council.
Acorn Park was established to provide high quality childcare and education for babies and children aged 0-5 years. We have built an excellent reputation over the years, providing babies and children with the best possible start in life. Our children are happy and content within their environment, enjoying each new day and the variety of experiences available to them.
The nursery and kindergarten are situated on the ground and lower ground floors of an 'A listed Georgian Townhouse in a beautiful terrace in the Park Area. The rooms are bright and spacious and have been fully equipped to meet the exacting standards stipulated by the Care Inspectorate thereby ensuring the best environment to meet each child's individual needs.
Acorn Park is a family run business owned by Mrs Mary McDonald (SNNEB) and Miss Vari McDonald B.Ed (Hons), managed by Mrs Rebecca Dawson (BA in Childhood Practice & HNC/CCLD level four) and Miss Lisa Fallon (PDA Childcare & Education and HNC Childcare & Education).
At Acorn Park the best interest of every child is our primary consideration. Through providing high quality care and education we strive to ensure that all of our children will become confident individuals, effective contributors, successful learners and responsible citizens.
Our Vision 2016 – 2017
For our children to demonstrate consideration and empathy for others as they continue to be supported by consistent, loving and positive relationships. To nurture creative children who are inquisitive, imaginative and take risks in their learning. For us to provide high quality experiences for all our children with a focus on language and numeracy as we strive to improve pedagogy (the interactions and experience which support the curriculum and the process of how children learn).
Our values represent the core beliefs of our nursery community and are the fabric that guides our day to day practice.
At Acorn Park we strive to:
- Offer a nurturing, caring and loving environment that places the child and their family at the centre.
- Be child-centred; acknowledge children’s views and actively and involve children, families, practitioners and partners in meaningful ways in everyday decisions in our setting.
- Provide appropriate spaces to play and learn with a range of possibilities for children to develop their present and future potential.
- Be responsive to children’s changeable interests and demands.
- Support all practitioners in developing their talents, skills and leadership to ensure we are all delivering the highest quality early learning and childcare.